Applications Due September 30th! *Updated
China is the world’s oldest surviving civilization, and the Chinese language is often credited for its longevity. Studying Chinese is not only important for a greater understanding and deeper appreciation of Chinese culture but important for building bridges of friendship between the U.S. and China.
It is with much appreciation of the many teachers who have been teaching the Chinese Language in the Heartland region, often with little resources, that USHCA is launching our inaugural Heartland Chinese Teacher Award.
3 teachers from the Heartland region will be selected for the award and receive cash grants of $5,000.00 thanks to our inaugural award sponsor, LingoAce.
We are accepting one nomination of an accredited K-12 Chinese language teacher or administrator per U.S. Heartland City. All nominees will receive a Classroom Supplies Package for participating.
- Nomination Deadline: Sept. 30th, 2022
- Nominee Applications due: Sept. 30th, 2022
- Finalists announced: Oct. 14th, 2022
- Virtual Awards Ceremony:
November (date to be announced)
We will be reviewing nominees and applications on a rolling basis, so please get your teacher nominated and have them fill out the application before Sept. 30th!
- The first step in the award process is to get a nomination. Nominate your teacher (or yourself) by submitting your nomination via this new form here: https://form.jotform.
- Once the teacher has been nominated, the teacher will also need to submit an application form by themselves. That form is here: https://form.jotform.
- Lastly, it is important to note the teacher’s application will be best supplemented by a support letter from your mayor (or a school administrator). If you need help getting this, we are here to help! (We recommend contacting us.) Those with questions can contact Jason Conley at email@example.com.